Aberdeenshire Council’s Passenger Transport Unit has a small grant fund where we can provide grants of up to £3,000 for groups looking to investigate the potential for, or to set up a local community transport service such as a volunteer car scheme?
Here are some examples of what we would consider funding:
Will be considered
- A group already receiving Council funding but wish to set up a new service
- A normally self-funding group requiring to make a one off purchase or experiencing a shortfall in funding or wishing to set up
- A group already receiving Council funding which needs to make a significant one-off purchase of something not already grant funded e.g. new vehicle
- A group who have not considered providing transport before but want to investigate the possibility eg engaging a consultant to assist with creating a funding proposal, compliance with the law etc
Likely to be refused
- Top up funding to run an existing service that already benefits from Council funding
- Funding for a project that would compete with existing transport services (e.g. there is already a car scheme in your area and you want to start another one)
- Funding for items already fully covered by a grant.
If this is of interest, and you would find it helpful, staff are happy to discuss further prior to any applications for funding being submitted.
Heather Dey, Senior Transport Officer, Passenger Transport Unit Aberdeenshire Council, Woodhill House, Westburn Road, Aberdeen, AB16 5GB Tel: 01467 539084