Introduction (Currently reviewing to comply with GDPR 2018)
This document will highlight the Data protection policy for The Garioch Partnership referred to as TGP.
TGP holds information regarding Individuals, Groups and Organisations who have affiliated to the Partnership as described in the constitution, this allows TGP to communicate with these individuals / groups during the year in relation to information and grants to allow TGP to function and disseminate information.
Details of lapsed individuals / organisationswill be held on file to allow TGP to contact these people for a period of time after their termination of membership.
TGP is committed to meeting its obligations under the Data Protection Act 0f 1988 & GDPR.
TGP agree to comply with the principles set out in the Act regarding the processing of personal data. The principles are as follows:-
Data must be:
- Fairly and lawfully processed.
- Processed for a limited purpose and not in any manner incompatible with those purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Kept for no longer than necessary.
- Processed in line with data subject’s rights.
- Not transferred to other countries without adequate protection.
TGP shall only use the data for its intended, legitimate purpose and agree to meet any data subject access request in compliance with the law.
TGP will inform data subjects of their rights on all written requests for personal data.
None of this data wil be given to any third party organisations without the concent of the individual / Group.