The Community Initiative Grant Scheme is The Garioch Partnership’s small grants scheme, originally introduced in 2012/13, and supported by Aberdeenshire Council’s Garioch Area Committee. For 2018/19 the Garioch Area Committee have allocated £5,000.
The Resilience / Flood Recovery Fund is administered by The Garioch Partnership on behalf of Inverurie & District Round Table. Donations were received following the flooding caused by Storm Frank in January 2016.
Applications are reviewed by a grants panel of local volunteers, who assess applications and make recommendations to the Board of the Garioch Partnership.
Who can apply?
The schemes are open to any constituted not-for-profit community group or community-run organisation in the Garioch area. While the schemes are primarily aimed at community groups with a turnover of less than £25k per annum, in exceptional circumstances an award may be made to groups with a turnover greater than £25k if The Garioch Partnership Board feels the award will benefit the Garioch community.
What kind of projects can be supported?
Consideration will be given to projects that:
- show wide community support
- are of long-term benefit
- improve the quality of life of local people
- make a difference to the community you live in
This could include:
- start-up costs for a new group
- training for group members
- marketing costs
- encouraging active participation in a community
- improvements to Community Facilities
What cannot be funded under this scheme?
Under the Community Initiative Grant scheme, we cannot fund applications for:
- transport or travel costs
- individuals, including wages or salary costs
- admin/revenue costs, including venue hire and food/drink costs
Please note that if you are in receipt of, or have applied for, a grant from the Garioch Area Committee’s Top-up Budget/Area Initiatives fund in the current financial year you are not eligible for this grant scheme in the same year.
How much can we apply for?
Only apply for what you need. The maximum award will normally be £750. For exceptional projects this may be raised to £1000. You will be normally be expected to have matched funding in place or be able to demonstrate how the whole project will be funded unless the grant is for start-up costs for a new group or activity.
What must we include with our application?
- equipment specification and price list or a quotation for the work to be done
- a signed copy of your constitution
- your most recent accounts
- name of a referee
What happens once the application has been received?
You will receive an acknowledgement on receipt, your referee will then be contacted and the application considered as quickly as possible by a panel of The Garioch Partnership members and supporters. Ordinarily you will know the outcome within 30 days. If your bid is successful you will be invited to attend the next TGP forum to receive your award.
- Only 1 successful application can be awarded in any 1 year period.
- If reports from previous funding rounds have not been submitted, we will be unable to process your application.
- Acknowledgement of an application to the Community Initiative Grant Scheme does not presuppose the outcome of the panel and does not guarantee support.
- Projects cannot be funded retrospectively, all projects must be carried out after the deadline for submission and it is recommended that projects do not begin until after applicants have been informed of the Committee’s decision.